Friday, July 27, 2012

Friends (?)

Lets talk about Friends... And I use that term loosly. Its apparent that losing weight takes time and EFFORT. The last year and a half I've taken a considerable amount of time to focus on me... Some get that, some dont. I dont eat out so its very hard to turn down "girls nights" out to eat or at someone's house. I was in a position before where I knew I wasnt strong enough to hold back the urge of eating what I knew I shouldnt. So I'd go, and eat whatever-saying it was a one time thing, and then it would lead to a little down fall. I'd feel horrible, but yet still did it? Try to figure that one out! So to avoid this-I removed myself from those situations, whether it was going out to eat or simply just to visit someone. I wasnt confortable explaining to them why I couldnt go. So I'd usually just say I was busy-which in al honesty-I probably was...

I've also dedicated a lot of time to working out. Working full time and trying to fit in life, along with working out-its a VERY time consuming thing. I know I've probably hurt some people with my absence, and I truly am sorry for that. But please know none of it was intentional. I cant be the best to anyone if I'm not the best for myself.

I never realized how many people I'd lose while on this journey (not all because of me). I've definietely learned who some of my REAL friends are and some who arent-and honestly-still learning and weeding that out. As hard as it is to lose some people that I TRULY do LOVE and CARE about-I dont regret a thing I'm doing for myself. I'm the happiest I've ever been and I truly love being healthy and working out.

I really do have some genuine caring people in my life that I am MORE than blessed to have. Just wanted to thank the people who have been more than supportive and for the people who have still stuck around even though I've been soo distant/busy.

I'm trying to find a balance between work/working out/life/friends, and honestly-its hard. Theres days/weeks where I truly feel overwhelmed with learning how to balance all this. I never realized how much the weight loss journey would change sooo any aspects of my life. But I can honestly say-I love life :-)


Sorry I havent been posting as much (my computer is in repair-hopefully I'll have it back soon)!

No comments:

Post a Comment