Sunday, July 8, 2012

Over night trip

The fam and I went on a little overnight trip Friday-Saturday. I was super excited but scared at the same time. Scared I'd relapse. The last time I relapsed and I mean RELAPSED to where I gained 30 pounds, was last summer when I had went on vacation. It was very hard to eat healthy and that one weekend vacation lead to a whole downward spiral of bad eating for several months.


So this year naturally, I was scared. We went to an amusement/water park. What the heck was I going to eat? We didn't have a stove/oven or anything to cook. There sure as heck isn't any healthy food in an amusement park... And they wonder why Americans are sooo obese. The only foods they had were corn dogs, fries, chicken tenders, hot dogs, and sugary drinks. So I did my best in packing healthy snacks. I hard boiled some eggs, brought carrots, natural applesauce, apples, bananas, some strawberries/blueberries, and a cucumber. Mind you a lot of it was gone by the time we got there! Its very hard to eat healthy/natural foods while on vacation. I was able to find a salad at the water park. I made a few mistakes-but when there is honestly NOTHING healthy and your hungry. I really had no choice. Nothing too crazy and still kept great thought behind whatever I did eat that wasn't part of my primal lifestyle. I'm a little disappointed but nothing too bad where I'm going to feel guilty. I seriously did the best I could do with the situation. 


However, I felt great in my bathing suit-which was good because it was 103 out, and I'll be darned if I was about to wear clothes! Overall we had fun at the water park and got great tans in the process :-)


I'm 100% back on track tomorrow with my primal eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment