Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Off-week

I'm normally excited to work out, go to the gym, etc. Not this week! For what ever reason-this week, I have no enthusiasm to work out. 

Monday-got to the gym, sat in my car for about 10 minutes, walked into the gym, stood around and talked with some trainers for about 30 minutes. Walked into Zumba, did about 25 minutes (not pushing myself at all!), move to machines-do about 3 leg curl things-I'm done! I wasted about an hour at the gym. I just wasn't motivated, it wasn't working. 

Tuesday-did an hour of Zumba, didn't push myself.

I do feel like crap when I just cant find the motivation when at the gym. I also have a hard time telling myself "It's okay to give yourself a night off" without feeling guilty. On those un-motivated days its like a lose-lose. I either go to the gym and feel crappy about it because I didn't push myself, or don't go at all and feel crappy because I simply didn't go. It gets tiring when I work full time, try to go to the gym every week night (except Wednesdays which is church nights). I feel like I'm never home. AND I cook all my meals, its hard to fit everything in. Worth it? Yes, I'm sure. Just gets old and tiring sometimes. (Not complaining-just saying its not always easy!)

When I slack or don't go to the gym I am extra aware of what I am putting into my body on those days/weeks...

Not sure of my intent in this posting, just sort of putting my thoughts out there :-) And I know I'm not the only one with struggles with this. Sometimes we just have those "off" weeks. I'll get my "groove" back!

People have been asking what I eat exactly-so my weekly shopping list is coming soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment