Monday, August 27, 2012

Excuses

I hurt my back (I'm A-Okay now!) and was not able to work out for a week. Back when I was in School I would to find ANY excuse to get out of gym class... And I mean ANY EXCUSE. I can honestly say, not being able to work out was depressing and sad but it made me realize how much I LOVE to work out. I feel great after every workout. It's like I've become addicted to it! Beats drugs right?! lol
I was sooo excited to be cleared to get back to working out. I MISSSSED it! Although being off for a week gave me some time to think...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Working out allows me to prove myself wrong. I still quite frequently think of the days in the beginning of this weight loss journey where I was "No way in hell going to work out." I was SCARED to go to a gym being so big, SCARED to try new things being so big. Which may sound strange because I really did want to lose weight... Being sooo over weight made me uncomfortable in almost every area in my life. I'm glad I had people in my life to push me. People who believed in me-and honestly-people who didn't believe in me.

I wasn't completely comfortable at the gym once I finally got there. It took me a while. I still have my scared moments, not going to lie... But I have proven to myself that I can do ANYTHING. Every time I've said "I can't" and was pushed to do it anyway, I've been able to do it. May not have been easy, may have hurt like hell, may have felt like I was going to pass out, may have not done it again since trying it! lol But I DID it non the less.

I still have people who don't believe in me and doubt me and for a long time it felt great to prove them wrong, and still does. But nothing is better than proving myself to me. I have a whole new confidence level and respect for myself... and that to me is priceless. My main motivation at the gym is ME, the haters are just extra motivation ;-) There is nothing better than setting up a challenge for yourself (big or small) and accomplishing it!

I said all that to say. Stop finding excuses and just do something. If you honestly want it bad enough you'll stop the excuses. People ask for my help all the time but aren't willing to give up their favorite foods or to become active... Wishing and hoping does NOT work in the world of weight loss. If it was easy, everyone would be doing it. Prove to yourself that your stronger and better than you even know! I don't know one person who has ever regret working out or losing weight. Think about it :-)

PS-I've heard, said and used every excuse known to man... so if your gonna use an excuse on me... Save it :-)






No comments:

Post a Comment